Monday, September 11, 2006

Soaker update

I didn't join in on the WSG doodlepants knit-along because I couldn't think of what yarn to use. Most of the yarn I have is KnitPicks Wool of the Andes and I just have enough of each color to make soakers, not longies. So, I've started a WoollyBabies soaker with some yarn I got from a dismantled thrift store sweater. It might turn out big, if it's too big, I think I'd like to shrink it down a bit. It will probably make an awesome night-time soaker. I'm went a little crazy with short rows so we'll see how that turns out. I wanted short row practice and since the yarn I'm using is varigated weight, it really won't show if I don't do it right. I supposed it really ought to do a practice short row swatch and get it right before I do many more :o)

No comments: