Saturday, September 30, 2006

The first bite

Well, E finally tried to bite me a few times a couple of days ago and I think he was sufficiently impressed by my response. He hasn't tried it again...yet.

Ugh, these cargo pants are being super tough on my fingers. The legs worked up really quick and easy, but joining the two (with gusset in between) and trying to work the first few rows on a circular needle, ... just not working all that great. I know it will relax up and get easier. Hope it happens quickly. I figured how I'm going to do the gusset. I cast on 10 stitches between each leg (instead of 5) using a crochet provisional cast on. Then I decreased 2 stitches on each side for the next 2 rows (leaving 6 instead of the called for 5). This gives me 2 extra stitches, and my gauge is going to be a bit bigger because I'm double stranding the yarn in the soaker part of the longies. I'm thinking that if it's too big, he'll either grow into it, or I can dip that part in boiling hot water :o) I'll figure it out. I'll add a few more rows to the crotch to match up both sides.

No comments: