Friday, January 20, 2006

Mommy becomes Mamma

Not sure why, but G2, who's always called me Mommy or sometimes just Mom has taken to call me Mamma. She must have heard it somewhere and so now I'm a very deliberately said "Mamma." I think it's rather cute and funny.

I'm 24 1/2 weeks with Baby 3, just checked my pregnancy calendar and it says that s/he is now considered viable. Just over a pound and about a foot long. There's a place in town that has models of fetus' of every size and I want to take my kids to see them so we can see just how big this little one is getting. That should be kinda fun. My last midwives' checkup revealed that I was spilling quite a lot of glucose in my urine so this month I'm laying off of most of the sugar that I was innocently consuming till now (jelly in pb&j, honey on hot cereal, juice with meals, hazelnut chocolates that DH gave me for Christmas, chocolate covered cherries, also leftover from Christmas, cinnamon sugar on toast, ...). I admit it, I have a bit of a sweet tooth. Since I've cut back (none of the stuff from the previous list except for the tiniest bit of honey on hot cereal), the cravings have been very intense. Nothing seems to be able to quench my desire for a big glass of juice. But, I'm going to try to be good so that hopefully next month, my readings will be normal again. I wouldn't want to do anything that might jeopardize my chances for the homebirth I'm so set on. I've been really tired lately, probably going to bed too late, but I'm having a hard time changing my schedule to a more sane bedtime since DH gets home from work so late (usually 11 pm or later). Sometimes I wish he had a more normal work schedule, but what's a guy to do when the commute is almost 2 hours one way?

No comments: