Monday, August 07, 2006

Soakers & Slings

The night before last, E slept from about midnight to 7. Probably the longest stretch he's slept since he was born. He was back to nursing about every 2 hours last night tho. He's really starting to "talk" and carry on conversations (well has been since he was about 2 months or so). He's getting really smiley, is very observant, people comment on how alert he looks and that he doesn't look like a baby anymore (he's only 3 months, sniff, guess he's a fast grower-upper). He has strong legs and very good head control.

I put my newly finished Tickle Turdle free crochet wool wrap on him last night, I had heavily lanolized it the day or so before using it (at least I thought I did, it was pretty sticky until it dried), but we still had a bad leak with it this morning. No diapers were peeking out anywhere. I'm hoping that it will start to behave a little better after it's second lanolizing, but I was a bit disappointed. I thought it looked thicker and more "bullet-proof" than any of the others that I've made so I was rather surprised. Right now I'm working on a sleep skirt, basically just the Curly Purly soaker without leg holes or crotch and just keep going to around the calves or ankles with a little ribbing at the bottom. Haven't worked out exactly how it's going to go yet, so far I've got the first 3" or so of the waistband done and have done 2 or 3 short rows and changed to larger needles. Hopefully it will make nighttime changes a little easeir. We'll see.

I made a Beth Mei Tai for him yesterday and I guess I could have gone with a little more height so maybe I'll have to make another one. I also want to try the Man Tai if i can find enough material for everything. I also stayed up later than I should have experimenting with making some receiving blanket/microfiber towel prefolds. I think they turned out pretty good, but now I'd really like to try some old baby towels (is that the same thing as stretch terry?) and microfiber towels after reading Paula's blog.

No comments: