Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oh happy day :)

Well, for the most part it’s been a frankly crummy day. Attitudes have been in the gutter (no mine, although I was somewhat effected), energy has been pent-up (definitely not mine), dog has been pestered (poor Lucy), school dragged on. So I’m so very glad that this day is almost to an end.

But… all wasn’t lost :) One more wall in our school/office/play… room got painted and it’s starting to look really good.

game_pices[1] 

Also, the other thing that I’m rather excited about is this new game I found online called “That’s The Ticket.” It’s normally $44.95, but is currently on sale for $29.95. However, I found the complete game on Amazon for $4.99 (+s&h) and I’m doing a happy dance :)

It’s supposedly “teaches your kids how to empower their lives” in “a fun, interactive, motivational game” that helps to empower “parents to inspire their kids to WANT to:

Set clear goals

Complete specific tasks

Build positive habits

EARN the things they crave.”

All in a hopefully fun game disguise. We shall see, but for that price, I didn’t figure there was much to lose and the reviews that I’ve seen have been really positive. Even my child-rearing mentor, Kevin Leman, promotes it.

So… after a day like today, there’s a lot riding on this working because nothing I’ve tried so far has been terribly successful. Tonight I was SO fed up by everything that had happened today that I sent the kids to bed early. I just needed some quiet, decompression time, sans kids. Now, don’t get me wrong, I totally love my kids and can’t imagine my life without any of them, but sometimes… sometimes I just want to run and hide somewhere. So a quiet evening will hopefully be just the thing for this frazzled soul.

No comments: